April 27, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus? From what to what?

For spring break I planned to visit my grandparents in Ohio, and I still went to go visit them.

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

I was frustrated. I don’t enjoy learning online and the transition online has been really stressful.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

I will be living at home with my family which is a change from living in my on-campus apartment.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

It has been very stressful. Some of my professors didn’t even use email or canvas when we were on campus, and they haven’t been responsive through email since being moved off campus. I haven’t heard from one of my professors for multiple weeks now. I really hope we will be able to be back on campus this Fall.

How has the virus (and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading) impacted your daily life?

I spend majority of my days at home with my family. The most significant change was having to move back home and not being able to see my friends.

How worried are you about getting the virus?

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

I go back and forth between being really concerned about getting it, and thinking I’ll be okay.

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

I do not know anyone who has gotten COVID-19.

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

I mostly stay at home. I do homework, play Animal Crossing and spend time with my dog.

What is giving you hope and/or strength right now?

I occasionally go out to go grocery shopping or to go through drive-thru’s to get food.