April 21, 2020

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

I was really disappointed. This is my last semester as a student at St. Ed’s and I was looking forward to being on campus and hanging out with friends.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

I live at home with my family, so the only change is spending more time at home.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

Everything has been good so far, but I do miss going into class and interacting with others. Being at home gives me more time to do stuff, but it also gives me more time to be lazy and I don’t like that.

How has the virus (and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading) impacted your daily life?

I can’t go out anymore with my friends or do date nights with my boyfriend. I can’t even go into work.

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

I stay in most of the time. To pass the time, I do homework, watch movies, play video games, and spend time with my family. It varies from day to day, but anything is better than nothing.

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

If I do go out, it’s to see my boyfriend at his house or pick up food. The major differences I see are people wearing masks and empty parking lots at retail stores.

What is giving you hope and/or strength right now?

I know that this whole situation won’t continue forever and I know that I’ll still have a job after this whole thing is over.