April 21, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus? From what to what?

Yes, I moved from Austin to Dallas. I was going to stay in Austin until I graduated but plans were cut short.

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

I felt overwhelm at the fact that this is my final semester and I would not be able to spend the rest of my semester on campus. I felt like everybody was expecting for St.Edward’s to finally say something about converting to online, so it wasn’t a surprise.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

I am currently living with my family in Dallas. This is definitely a change because I become use to being independent in Austin. It’s definitely a lot harder to adjust because there are more distractions.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

Some professors have been accommodating with the structure of classes. There’s one professor who did not communicate at all. It’s a struggle to balance being at home and doing long assignments. Overall, my experience with moving to online classes has been a huge struggle. Not only to feel motivated but to stay concentrated.

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

My cousin in Detroit, Michigan tested positive for COVID-19 about a month ago. Usually, it’s suppose to be a frightening time but he took it upon himself to get better. He told our family he drank Tequila for 3 days in a row, had a horrible hangover to the point where his body rejected everything he consumed. He is doing a lot better now and has returned to work. It’s become a funny story to talk about in our family.

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

I have been staying in. The only time I leave is if I have to get groceries for my family. Most of the time I’m doing school work or watching TV with my mom. Right now my favorite show is 90 Day Fiance and The Challenge.

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

I have been going to the grocery store and Laundromat when we need to. I realized that many people in my neighborhood are not taking this seriously. The last time I went to the Laundromat with my parents, nobody had masks or following the 6ft rule. While waiting in line, there was a man who asked us why we were wearing a mask. It seemed unreal that not many people were following the guidelines set in Dallas.