April 13, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus?

My spring break plans didn’t change because I was planning on going home to San Antonio anyways and relaxing, the only thing that changed is that I had plans to hangout with old highschool friends and those plans had to be cancelled.

Where are you living while courses are held online?

I’m living at my parent’s house.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

I don’t like online classes, it’s harder to get motivated for class when you won’t respond to anything but a screen. Also the WiFi at my house is nowhere near as fast as St.Edward’s.

How has the virus and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading impacted your daily life?

My dad is being very precautious about it and only lets me leave the house for groceries, and if I do leave I have to wear a mask and gloves and disinfect and wash anything that was outside of the house.

How worried are you about getting the virus?

I’m not very worried about the virus itself and catching it, I’m more worried about how the world is going to change because of it.

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

No.

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

I mostly watch Netflix to pass time, I’ve also taken up running and have more time to workout.

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

I only go to grocery stores, which is scary because that’s when you really see the precautions everyone is taking and it seems like part of a movie.