Blog Post Twelve

Tammie Rubin- Ceramic sculpture and 3D practice professor. She creates fantastical, sculptural works. Takes everyday objects and is a materials like plastic bowls, small easily moldable objects. She uses slips and Skins to connect large pieces. She creates small pieces that take up space and are easily displayable. The work she showed us on the cones that looked like they were used to communication.

Kim Garcia- Assistant Professors of Graphic Design She had a lot of different titles in a lot of different environments. She worked at a museum, design firms, real estate, higher education, digital studios. She created an app called Eventurist about traveling. My favorite piece of work, Incarnations. Till the Clouds Roll By: Original Music. Rosebuds was the new music by her husband and her part was Divas, a new video to match the new music. It is unfinished but very very interesting.

James Sherin- UT graduate school. Fight against Unconscious. He is a photographer. Likes fake landscapes, laziness, to photograph the unconscious. He follows a narrative and some pictures are more interesting. Does 4×5 instillations of his photos. Takes what people like on instagram and rephotograph them, based on popluar demand. He said the iphone is like a sketchbook of photos.

Published by

Carissa Diaz

I play basketball for St. Edwards University. I have a large family and they are very important to me. I'm from Houston, new to Austin this year just looking to be successful here.