Constellation AfterEffects: Aquarius

The purpose of this assignment was to use still images to develop a video using image reproduction while constructing abstract and motion within our visual. As a class we watched a constellation informational video that gave us details about how Earth came about and how it has evolved overtime. Following the video we then were to bring in random objects to scan in. While scanning the images it became interesting seeing how things looks after being scanned in. The scanner captured things that couldn’t be seen with the naked eye. The images we scanned in were the major components to our video. After choosing a constellation we were to draw vector images of our constellations and incorporate that in our videos. I chose Aquarius because it was my zodiac sign and was interested in learning more about it and when I saw this constellation I decided why not. This constellation was based on the idea of a water barrier bringing water to the world, therefore is why I chose the colors and running water sound effect. This was the first time I had used AfterEffects and I would say turned out okay still understanding that there are some parts that need some major revising. But that has to deal more with lack of knowledge on how to slow down the keyframes. However, this project has helped me become better with other projects in terms of using AfterEffects.

Aquarius