Object Lesson : Image Methodology

After watching an assigned film, we had to create a matchbox that could theoretically fit into the style of the film and not standout in the scenes. As the designer for this object I had to consider the style indicators of the film. For my object, I had to design it to match the film Snow piercer. The process included taking screenshots of some objects or of some significant scenes in the film. Things such as colorization of the film, the setting and the circumstances the characters lived in played a huge role in designing the matchbox. The design aspects I decided to include was to give it a very handmade look, put a big symbol indicating it was fire as well as writing the word “matches” in many languages. These indicators enhanced my concept because the film was very grungy, dirty and dark as well as was populated by many kinds of people who spoke many different languages. The final touch of physically making the matchbox dirty was a decision was pulled all the aspects of the movie together.

Object Lesson