VISU 1311 Project#1: Ellise_Stokes (Revised)

During my exploration of South Congress, I discovered an interesting concept contrasting a chain link fence to nature. After multiple visits, I decided to focus in on this, as I realized that it could relate to Gestalt. The chain link fence creates a repeated pattern, each piece in close proximity from the next. The links create a continuous pattern, granting a sense of closure because of its mathematical quality.

However, nature throws a sense of tension into this otherwise man-made, mathematical, inorganic display. The plants in my photos emphasize the containment caused by the fence, followed by the eventual breaking free of nature from the fence. The three photos act as a sequence: first showing the total containment of nature by a man-made construct, then leaves being free while the tree trunk is still trapped, and finally a pair of flowers being entwined with the fence.

2015, Ellise Stokes, Gestalt 1,Photograph
2015, Ellise Stokes, Gestalt 2 (revised), Photograph
2015, Ellise Stokes, Gestalt 3, Photograph

Under the cut, I will include my screenshots.

For editing, I primarily used Lightroom, though I used Bridge to demonstrate the file management. In the screenshots you can see keywords, collections, favorites, metadata presets, etc.

About Ellise Stokes

Hello! My name is Ellise, and I'm a senior graphic design major.
This entry was posted in Project 1: Whole & Parts. Bookmark the permalink.