Blog Post #2

I tracked my use of time for one week, using this chart time tracker-1ji4hv6 , and what I noticed through doing this exercise, was -for the most part- things that I already knew. I consider myself to be a fairly large creature of habit, and this chart definitely proves that. Each time I wake up, I do the same things: I take my medicine, I do my makeup, I get dressed, I eat breakfast, etc. I eat at roughly the same time everyday and I go to sleep at roughly the same time everyday. I was already aware that I spend most of my time sleeping and watching YouTube, but I don’t see that as an issue or a waste of time. Watching YouTube is not only something that I enjoy doing, but it helps me to relax and reset myself between periods of work. Additionally, I know myself well enough to understand that I need to sleep for at least 7 hours to feel fully alert during the day, and maintain my optimum levels of productivity. I was, however, pleasantly surprised to figure out that I call my mom more than I thought I did. I’m very glad that somewhere subconsciously I prioritize letting her know what I’m doing and that I’m okay.

In high school, I made a conscious decision to focus more on art. I wanted to do this in, what I felt to be, a less serious context. In the past, and even to this day if I’m being totally honest, I have found blank sketchbooks to be daunting. The pages look so beautiful by themselves that I feel that whatever sketch I put in them will ruin them. As, a result of this, I decided to try out a digital medium, instead of a traditional one, as I found that less anxiety inducing. I ended up downloading a free app called sketchbook pro, and drawing on my iPad with my finger. I would take my iPad with me to school everyday, and in between classes I would sit, or walk around, and just create. These drawings are a result of that.

Hamlet, digital, 1024 x 768, 2016

*Snaps*, digital, 1024 x 768, 2016

“Are you Carl, are you really?”, digital, 960 x 755, 2015

Lia, digital, 768 x 1024, 2017

senior year: I choose death, digital, 1024 x 768, 2017

SaveSave