My Road

To venture to the outside world is to explore and grow. Where there are new experiences around every corner. With an overwhelming amount of newness, I am socially shut down. Trapped. My humble dorm has been likened to a dark dungeon. An analogy that leads to a great divide. But in my yellow wood the path less taken is made so on purpose.

I was/still am a sheltered child, the result of polarizing parenthood.  With few legitimate experiences of my own, the world that I have recently been thrust into is seen through a vintage lens. I have nothing more than the fabricated world my parents gave me to compare to.

I am wading through enormous amounts of information. All while struggling to take it all in. Every angle. I, for the first time, can form my own opinions. Ones that aren’t over shadowed, dictated, by my family. I’m finding it hard to stand, stand on my own, stand for a cause, to stand out.

All I know for certain is that my perfect/near perfect grades do not make up for the social experience that I am missing. In my mind’s eye, I see an exciting world full of inexhaustible opportunities but with a closer look, I see me. At my desk, headphones in, experiencing the world through a digital window. I have taken the road less traveled. I road without friends. pure academia.