We will spend this meeting looking at ChatGPT and GenerativeAI.
- Ensure you have set up a ChatGPT account. You can use your St. Edward’s google account and authenticate with google to set up your account: Directions for set up
- If you would like ChatGPT Plus, sign up here, and TLTR will fund a license if you commit to use it and report back.
*Note, this meeting will take place in Trustee 118, 11 am – 12:15 pm*
- Update on Institutional CRM Assessment (and implementation)
- Identified Priorities
- Learning Spaces–Matching classrooms to needs
- TLTR Academic Software Request (Fall pilot funds)
- Preparation for November Meeting (Generative AI)
This will be the final TLTR meeting of the year where we will discuss the impact of Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI), aka ChatGPT, on teaching and learning. We will meet on Zoom. We will also invite members of the Academic Integrity Committee. Please invite anyone else you think would want to be part of this conversation. Our topics will include:
- Recommendations for Course Policy Models
- Model Assignments
- Advice for further work (research, guidance for the university community, etc.) in this area
Notes from this meeting are available in this Google Doc: TLTR Meeting: AI & Academic Integrity, 5/10/23
Note are only open to members of the St. Edward’s community; you must be logged into your St. Edward’s Google Account.
TLTR will meet Monday, April 17, 2023, 11 am – noon, in Munday Library 141. Topics of discussion will include:
- TLTR Pilots Spring 2023 Applications Approved
- General Use Computer Classrooms
- Pilots in 2023-2024
- Wireless projection
- BYOD Classrooms
- TLTR mailing list
Our final TLTR meeting of the semester will take place, Monday, December 5, 2022, 12:30 – 1:45 pm in Munday Library 141. Topics of discussion will include:
- Minimum Technology Requirements: Proposal to change to laptop
- Research and other advanced or specialized academic technologies
- TLTR Pilots
Our next meeting will be Monday, November 14, 12:30 -1:45 pm in Library 141
. Our topic will be affordable course materials, which follows up on a conversation we had at our meeting in December 2021 (TLTR Minutes, December 2021
Please read/watch the following in advance:
- Preliminary Discussion–What do we know?
- Environmental Scan Course Material Costs
- Small Groups to discuss further needs and actions
Monday, September 19, 2022, 12:30 – 1:45 pm, Munday Library 141
Beverages and dessert will be provided. Bring your own lunch.
Our meetings for Fall 2022 will take place in person on Mondays, 12:30 – 1:45 pm in Library 141. Here are the planned meeting dates:
- September 19
- October 17
- November 14
- December 5
Members will receive calendar invitations.