Our final TLTR meeting of the semester will take place, Monday, December 5, 2022, 12:30 – 1:45 pm in Munday Library 141. Topics of discussion will include:
- Minimum Technology Requirements: Proposal to change to laptop
- Research and other advanced or specialized academic technologies
- TLTR Pilots
Our next meeting will be Monday, November 14, 12:30 -1:45 pm in Library 141
. Our topic will be affordable course materials, which follows up on a conversation we had at our meeting in December 2021 (TLTR Minutes, December 2021
Please read/watch the following in advance:
- Preliminary Discussion–What do we know?
- Environmental Scan Course Material Costs
- Small Groups to discuss further needs and actions
Monday, September 19, 2022, 12:30 – 1:45 pm, Munday Library 141
Beverages and dessert will be provided. Bring your own lunch.
Our meetings for Fall 2022 will take place in person on Mondays, 12:30 – 1:45 pm in Library 141. Here are the planned meeting dates:
- September 19
- October 17
- November 14
- December 5
Members will receive calendar invitations.
The Teaching, Learning, and Technology Roundtable (TLTR) congratulates the winners of Technology for Innovative Learning & Teaching Pilot Project Grants for 2022.
VR Tours: Stories of Austin
- Kim Garza, Visual Studies, Arts and Humanities
- Steve Fletcher, Teaching, Learning, and Culture, Behavioral and Social Sciences
Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset & Controllers
This collaborative project will be implemented in Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 and supports Strategic Plan 2027 by engaging students in experiential learning and knowledge production in the context of the city of Austin. Education and UX design students will create virtual reality (VR) tours of locations in Austin. To read the full abstract, please visit the 2022 TLTR Pilot Projects webpage.
Please note that there will be a second 2022 deadline for project proposals in the Fall, and we will announce any newly approved projects at that time.
The Teaching, Learning, and Technology Roundtable (TLTR) invites proposals for the Technology for Innovative Learning & Teaching Pilot Project Grants (aka TLTR Pilot Project Grants) for projects anytime in 2022 (Spring, Summer, Fall) or Spring 2023. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) sets aside $20,000 on an annual basis to fund innovative teaching projects that incorporate new technologies and can be used as a model for other faculty, and the TLTR uses this fund to award grants up to $5,000. The TLTR especially encourages projects that support digital transformation at the university and the development of digital skills by students, faculty, and staff. We also encourage projects that align with our strategic plan or the areas of focus of the innovation fellowship:
- Experiential and/or Austin-based pedagogy
- Inclusive and Antiracist Teaching (includes Open Educational Resources and Universal Design for Learning/Accessibility)
- Online Course Design or Revision
- Statement of Interest Due: 2022 deadline extended to March 25
- Final Application Due: 2022 deadline extended to April 8
See the full guidelines for details and application link: Guidelines
The TLTR is exploring what digital skills are needed by students, faculty, and staff. Here is a list of some of the things we are reading. We looked at these resources for our February 2022 meeting: Continue reading