WiP Project Assignment 5: Step D – Blog/Reflection (Blog 4)

15368927_1248771798526101_1970638772_o

15368905_1248771395192808_996780619_o

Over the span of this class, I understood the general idea of what I was supposed to make in the end goal. What resulted turned out to be a pretty good understanding of my groups WiP, and several people enjoyed our presentation and gave us compliments on our knowledge we gathered about the problem. While making this project and gathering information and facts about it, I really started to understand the grasp of our WiP which is homelessness. I learned that homeless is not that complicated of an issue, it can be solved but it’s just no a priority for the city of Austin. I also learned that the prices for housing are rising and if keeps rising soon people who work minimum wage won’t be able to afford housing; which in turn could cause homelessness. It’s a pretty sad case, but Austin is a growing city and in order to prevent any further cases of homeless we need to act by providing cheaper and affordable housing. This could change the rate of homelessness significantly if there could be places where people can get back on their feet and become a full-fledged citizen of Austin. Overall, it’s a problem that isn’t usually viewed as the main priority and sometimes it’s left to be forgotten,  but if you see someone walking down the streets without a home, remember that we have a living, walking problem in the city of Austin.