AUSTIN CAN PRESENTATION ON SEPT 12

a.What was the most interesting element of the presentation by Mr. Alvarez today?

The most interesting element of Mr. Alvarez presentation was the statistics. It really made me see how graduation rates, drop out rates, and population really stand out among different races.

b. How did you feel after hearing this presentation. Were you surprised, uncomfortable, happy, excited by the data and ideas that were shared?

I felt a bit discouraged, when I saw the statistics of drop-out rates for Hispanics. Since I am a Hispanic myself, It makes me re-evaluate my life by the statistics Mr. Alvarez gave. I felt like this gave me motivation to try harder in college so that way I can break the barrier of the lower graduation for Hispanics.

c. Why is it important to explore wicked problems locally? How does this help us learn more about ourselves and our world?

It’s important to explore wicked problems locally, because before we head on to help broader problems like, global warming, overpopulation, etc. We first need to resolve the problems we face right now and where we live, which is Austin, Texas. As we learn about the wicked problems we face in Austin we might come up with answers, and with those answers only then can they be used to help other wicked problems in other places.