Final Blog Reflection

20161208_195108

While studying the wicked problem of traffic I learned just how big of a problem it is in the city. I learned how certain areas are bad and why they get that way. It made me ask why no one has worked to accomplish anything when it comes to solving it. I feel that it is a much bigger issue and we only keep getting bigger. I also feel that it is on the residents and not just the city to find an adequate solution to the problem that accommodates everyone. I learned how we could also utilize other forms of transportation and make improvements to the ones we already have so they are beneficial to a larger number of people. I feel my group put forth their best efforts so we could reach these conclusions and thoughts. Our collective efforts resulted in something that could one day help the community of Austin. We explored different options of adding lanes, taking away lanes and extending current forms of transportation. Bettering traffic in Austin could create a need for specific forms of transportation that do not exist and cause companies to move in expanding business in the city which would help the community in multiple ways by not only helping with transportation but also providing jobs.