So in the past 3 days, I’ve spent roughly 24 hours working on different elements in this book. Most of what I’ve done have been failed experiments that will never be seen in the book, but the attempts are my way of trying to figure out better ways to design my book and the photos that will go into it. I’m realizing that the book seems noisy because my pictures are noisy, but I’m struggling to figure out how to reduce that noise without destroying the integrity of the photo. I originally wanted my book to be a 10″ square so that my pictures would be big and my they would fit horizontally. Then I printed out a 4″ test book and I kind of liked the way it looked, so I’m thinking of making a smaller book. Now, I think I should reduce the noise of the photos by cropping them, which means most of them will become vertical, so now I’m thinking  of making my book portrait. I’m including one of the crappy photoshop experiments that I spent time on that shows that I did actually do work, even though I think it’s horrible. In addition, I’ve inserted my text elements to all the pages. I think the reason I’ve been putting that off is because the recipes don’t fit well onto the pages (especially with how small they are), and I’ve realized that I suck at writing. I’ll probably continue editing the farther along I get with this. Overall, I still think that this doesn’t really have a flow or anything overly creative and unique about it, so I’m continuing to brainstorm ideas to make this stand out more, like hand drawn elements or printing on a textured paper.