The movie I watched was Run Lola Run. Looking at the vocabulary from both the Barrett and Stewart excerpts, I can relate pretty much every technical concept back to that movie, but I’ll stick to some of  the more evident/ interesting ones. I thought the wipe transitions were interesting because they were really long. I think that it did a good job of conveying the continuum of time and emphasises the duration of time that Lola is running.  It strengthens the feeling of anxiety that Lola is feeling and the distance she’s running. If the transitions were really quick then it wouldn’t give as strong a sense of urgency and it would weaken the  sense of tempo, because everything would seem like it was happening at a faster pace than 60 bpm.  They also did a good job of  creating a smooth recorded motion, using several different techniques, like tracking and panning shots. These two shots create a better sense of Lola’s speed and the distance she has gone, respectively. The animated sections did a really good job of showing implied motion between the shots of her leaving her apartment and her running out of the apartment building. When she is tripped and when she gets away from the dog really stand out to me because the size of her head/ mouth grows so much in such a short amount of time that it really emphasises the speed and the intensity of the actions as they happen. The shifts in chronology with very slight changes and inclusions of the “extras'” lives unfolding differently during each round forces the viewer to pay much more attention to every detail that’s happening to see what’s going to change during the next round, and makes the viewer want there to be another round. All of these elements have created a really strong movie.