Step D Blog Reflection: Health Care

alondra-castellanos-brochure picture-three picture-two picture-one

December 5th, 2016

We finally finished our presentation and I can officially say that we have learned a lot of information about our wicked problem. We also learned how much one problem can relate to our wicked problem. We connected the problem of poverty to food security to transportation to crime and it was a domino effect that led health care to be a bigger problem. I found out that we need to be more informed about the health care problem in our society. Especially with the elections that happened, which might have an impact in our health care status. I also concluded that people need to be active about the problems in our society and especially about health care. Humans need to understand that we all need to be a part of health care decisions that are made for us. We need to figure out how to help people that aren’t educated enough about the health care problem. With the presentation, I learned about other wicked problems in Austin. If this problem is big in Austin they are big all around the country. I learned random facts that i had no clue that existed. I understand that is way beyond my reach to change policies, but if we all start to put an effort we can change things.