Write From The Heart

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

Visual Studies Seminar Post #8: Alumni Presentations and Beyond College

November3

Part 1: Staff Presentations

Each of the staff presenters had some art or pieces of work to showcase, such as theater production, photographs, pencil media, multimedia artworks. I was enamored with the presentations as a whole, they truly did show that there was work and great talent coming from St. Edward’s education. I found myself engaged with Tuan’s presentation a lot; I resonate closely with his work on sort of an abstract, yet personal portfolio. Bill’s presentation was cryptic, especially with his unending silence, but it was atmospheric too due to his eclectic style. The pieces of drama shown provided a lot of insight into the medium I hadn’t discovered or found interest in before, so it was a new, unique experience for me. I enjoyed the presentations, overall! The speakers were all confident, (hopefully… you’re all staff here at a liberal arts university), and had visually interesting presentations.

Part 2: 5-Year Plan

Admittedly, I haven’t gone into too much depth about my 5-year plan as opposed to my 4-year plan. I’ve gone into detail about my academic plans during college, such as becoming an Interactive Game Studies major and Fine Arts minor, with brief mentions of utilizing resources around Austin. Yet, I don’t have a solid idea of what job I’ll take up after I graduate. One of my first options would be as a game tester, since it’s usually considered an entry job into the industry and grants people experience in recognizing faulty code. If that doesn’t work out, I’ll probably start with internships or small-time instructing courses offered at various artistic organizations. There’s a particular organization for teaching students about fine art back home in San Antonio that offers both these positions, so it’d be a great learning experience both in artistic ability and in educating kids about my passion.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar