Write From The Heart

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

Harmony Pt. 3- Hybrid (Photoshop)

October16

For the final set of collages, I really wanted to focus on taking advantage of the tools Photoshop provides to mesh the edits together into one cohesive vision. Like all my others collages, I like to play with colors and saturation. I’ve always had a fascination with the aesthetics from the seventies and the eighties because of how they used psychedelic and neon colors in tandem. I like how it contrasts with dark colors and shades of black/grey especially, it brings out the elements of both amazingly well. Instead of purely relying on surrealist imagery like my last few, for these collages I mainly drew my attention towards colors. It took me a while, but I found my comfort zone creating collages with color experimentation in mind. It’s oddly relaxing and also exciting to play around with the brushes and adjustments in Photoshop, so for these ones it felt natural to me when I was creating them. Unlike my last few where I sort of struggled to cut out elements to create a collage, I felt like I had more freedom in this project.

The golden realization for me was that I had severely impaired my photo work earlier in the semester by limiting myself to the side of South Congress that heads away from the capitol building. Once I ventured towards downtown, the locations were much more varied and provided me with excellent snaps that immediately clicked in my head for possible collages. Going down SoCo this way makes me eager to venture down again and keep taking photos or finding spots to make collages out of. I can reasonably see myself making collages as a stress-reliever in the near future due to this.

Edit 12/8/17: I removed the third collage due to the assets of the piece belonging to another artist. Their permission was not given to upload the piece as my own and I sincerely, deeply apologize. It was not my intent to plagiarize work from another student, I was completely unaware that the assets were theirs, but nonetheless, it was wrong to include it as one of my creative ideas.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar