Write From The Heart

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

Visual Studies Seminar Post #2: How I Spent My Week and My Original Comic

September22

Part 1: The Time Tracker

Time Tracker_-1uig7p2

As the time tracker shows, my week was generally pretty tame. I spend a lot of my free time either winding down from a stressful day or completing assignments for my classes, and my eating and sleeping schedule is relatively regulated. If I would comment on anything, I’d say I should spend more time exercising- outside of walking to and fro classrooms- and set my sleep schedule a little differently, specifically I need to sleep earlier. I get tired very easily in class and this is directly the reason why.

Part 2: An Original Comic

In senior year of high school, I joined a GT program called Independent Study Mentorship, (ISM), that was all about students getting freedom to study whatever topic they wanted and independently teach themselves the course material. Through the year, we independently gathered research material for our topics, mine being Comic Design, and worked towards gaining a better understanding of our field of study. During the last semester, the teacher of our class told us about our final presentation, in which we compile all of our research, annotated sources, and progress into an hour long presentation, discussing our topic and presenting a “final product,” a culmination of our work. As such, I created a rough prologue for a webcomic I had dreamed of creating since I was in middle school about superheroes fighting crime, but with a slice of life angle thrown in to explore themes of everyday living. My year in this class was comprised of constant research, practice, and writing for my story. I exhausted 40+ pages of scripts, rough drafts, and character concept art. It was by far one of my most rewarding projects, and I’m still proud of the product now, despite my art style having evolved since then.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: