Prepare for the October 23 meeting
- “Understanding SoTL” in the Vanderbilt SoTL Guide (read all the web pages, but watching videos or clicking through to PDF links is optional)
- Under “Doing SoTL” in the Vanderbilt SoTL Guide, read:
- “Getting Started,” including the link to Randy Bass’s “The Scholarship of Teaching: What’s the Problem”
- Hutchings, P. (2000). “Approaching the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.” In P. Hutchings (Ed.), Opening lines: Approaches to the scholarship of teaching and learning. Menlo Park, CA: Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- From the “Getting Started” page, work through the activities outlined in the “How to Start: Thinking of a Problem and the Questions it Raises” (the link to this document appears at the bottom of the page)
- Write up your ideas in a short list (like the exaples in the “How to Start” guide and post it to our group site in Box (instructions to appear in a separate email).