The Social Butterfly Project

Do you consider yourself “plugged in”? Is your phone always awash with the latest news? Do you rely on your Facebook feed more than the actual news? When you are phoneless does it feel like you are missing a limb, possibly one more important than your arm? Are you completely obsessed with any and all things social media?

Of course you are. You, my little butterfly, have landed in the right garden.

The beginning of the Social Butterfly Project has roots in my Social Media for Public Relations Class at St. Edward’s University. Being completely honest, I have begun this blog as part of a class assignment to teach me more about becoming a presence online and making a name for myself in the digital realm of social media. Thus, what better way to start with a blog concerning the topics that I love most: Fashion, Pop Culture and of course celebrities.

This blog aims to explore how social media is rehashing the way we think of each of these areas. The average internet user now holds the world in the palm of their hand. If I want to know who wore which dress to whatever event, all I have to do is whip out my phone. I have access to delightful glimpses into the personal lives of practically any celebrity I choose. Over the course of a few months I hope to have a better understanding of the unique relationship between this glamorous world and the tools that are making accessing it possible.

For this gossipy girl, the new digital age is a heavenly dream.

The Social Butterfly