A course, the content of which promotes at least 3 of the following:
- Use of algebraic, geometric, analytical, and/or statistical tools required in many fields of post-secondary education.
- Computational skills with or without use of technology.
- Use of mathematics, quantitative, or computational skills to solve problems or make decisions in context.
- Fluency in using symbols and text in reading and writing mathematical or numerical information.
- Number sense and data interpretation.
- Appreciation for the mathematics behind many aspects of the physical world and human culture.