Blog Post #8

The extent to which my future is planned out is complicated, at least in my perspective. For many years now I’ve had my goal/goals clear in my mind. The problem is I have thought too far ahead perhaps. My motivation has long been the dream of being known amongst a wide audience of people who I’ve entertained through my creations, be it in the form of an animated show, or a video game or even a film. I have fleshed out characters, storylines, and more mapped out in my mind. But the sweet dream of these ideas coming to life and becoming famous to some degree has become a constant daydream of mine, to the point that it clouds my mind and interferes with my current work. Shortly put: I know what I want my future to be like and wish for it to come to me instantaneously instead of having to go through years of work and building up.

My desire would be to either bring my ideas to life through animation or video gaming. I suppose if I were ever to study abroad that Japan would be a good place to visit for the video gaming culture it has.

I am not a part of any sort of group or club as of yet. I tend to remain fairly secluded regarding my ideas and stories. But once the actual creation of games begins in my Interactive Game Studies major I would gladly open up with a team to help get my ideas on screens.