Projects From Foundation of Art and Design

Drawing in Space Sculpture

For this part of a project we had, we were supposed to transform 2D drawing that we made before into a 3D sculpture. We would have to use different types of materials to make this sculpture. I used the three following materials for this project: wire, wooden sticks, and rubber bands.

At first, I wanted to make this sculpture with wire only. I found out early on that it was impossible to do this with the wire itself. That’s where the sticks come into play. Despite looking cool, the sticks were used to stand the wire up. I never gave much thought to using the rubber bands, but I needed to make the shadow of the sculpture look interesting enough to draw for another part of the project. I broke the rubber bands and tied them together. The final product is what you see in the picture above

100 Solutions

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0M5oqs3qYxKJJ

This project required us to take 100 pictures or more of an object of our choice. The catch was that each picture needed the object to be within a different circumstance each time. It wasn’t enough to place the object in different places for your photos. I chose a Sonic the Hedgehog plush for my object.

It was very difficult to come up with 100 original ideas. I tried to come up with as many as I possibly can. I made sure that I kept my Sonic plush, some tape, and some props inside of my backpack every day.  When I came up with a great idea or I found a perfect photo opportunity, I decided to make the best of it. It got difficult to come up with more photos when I’ve gotten so many already. Some ideas were either too time-consuming or were just impossible to pull off. I would look to my friends and family for advice on what else I should do. It took much of my time, but I got 100 photos. I only show two of my favorites in this blog post, but all 100 photos are in the link below the photos if you are curious about the rest of them.