A Piece of Art and One of the Most Cringiest Things I Have Ever Created

Albert Einstein (Randy Rabanal)

One of the first pieces of art that I want to show off is a piece that I entered into a contest. This was a line drawing of Albert Einstein that I created the first year of highschool. It was not really meant to be anything but submission for a contest. I was kind of worried that I was not going to place very high at all, but I got second place surprising. I am not really sure how many people put in a submission for the contest. It was great getting $400 dollars from the contest. I kind of wish I could have at least fixed up Einstein’s face and make the drawing a little more realistic, but it is still one of my favorite moments of freshman year.

Here Come The Iraqis (Randy Rabanal, Ellie, and Nate)

The story behind this was that I had to create a music video parody for AP U.S. History and I never created one before in my life. I had to come up with lyrics for a parody of the song “Here Comes The Hotstepper” and I needed to do it in a group. If you watched the video, it should be obvious that it was about the Gulf War. I did most of the work from the lyrics to the editing of both the video and the song. It took hours to create and it felt like a nightmare. This video is one of the reasons I refuse to use IMovie anymore. I loved being able to make hilarious stuff, but this was driving me crazy. There were people asking me if I was finished with the video, because people have heard of the video and how bad it was. There was this one girl who could not stop laughing for ten straight minutes and I barely showed her one minute of the video. This video really shows off the kind of clown I am. My teacher told me that this was the best music video that came from the project.

This was one of the first times that I have made a music video. I have edited some videos in the past. This was the earliest video I could find and this was one of my favorites. If you look through this channel, most of my videos were for projects I have had in high school. I did enjoy making these and I had fun spending multiple hours trying to make just about everything perfect. I was not really trying to do anything fancy with this project. I just wanted to record with my IPhone and make some hilarious stuff. I love joking around. I was considered one of the funniest kids in my school and my videos really helped to show that. Something about this video was really important to me. I do not really like it all that much, as I cringe during every single second. I just found that it was something that really got me started with testing my editing skills. The editing is a bit awful, but I have improved over time. If you watched the video and you got a chuckle out of it, that is all I wanted from my videos. I am the kind of guy that likes to entertain people and make them laugh. I would not change anything about this video. The amount of cringe kills me and that is why it is always nice to look back at something you created and look at how far I have gone.