SKILLS INVENTORY

For each class ask yourself the following:

1. My greatest strengths in International Relations include: Understanding in class material.
  2. For greater success in this course, I need to: Spend more time reading the “suggested” readings.
  3. My greatest strengths in Spanish III  include: Understanding the concepts on paper.
  4. For greater success in this course, I need to: Practice outside of class, actually make the effort to speak even when I feel scared.
  5. My greatest strengths in Visual Studies include: Using my artistic abilities for class project, for example, integrating interesting skills into my projects.   
  6. For greater success in this course, I need to: I need to take more notes on the more technical lectures.
  7. My greatest strengths in Image Methodology  include: My interests and passion for everything we have learned so far.    
  8. For greater success in this course, I need to: Dedicate more practice time to homework assignments.  
  9. My greatest strengths in Graphic Design 1 include: My participation within the group discussions and engagement in class projects.  
  10. For greater success in this course, I need to: Dedicate more practice time to homework assignments.  
  11. My greatest strengths in Visual Studies Seminar include: Being engaged with lectures, compelling blog posts.   
  12. For greater success in this course, I need to: Take more notes during the lectures.

Computer skills:

1. My computer skills include: Indesign, Illustrator, photoshop, lightroom, google slides.    
  2. I still need to learn: coding & everything else.

Research & writing skills:

1. My greatest strengths as a researcher/writer include: Creative ideas, creative writing experience that helps to spice up my papers.
  2. I need to work on these aspects of research and writing: Understanding research tools like google scholar so I can use them to their full potential.
  3. I learn best & accomplish most when: I am engaged/interested with what I am learning, when I am working on a project.  

ACTION PLAN

Choose one class that you are struggling with or are not doing as well as you could.Now make a list of 10 ways you could improve your performance in this class.

International Relations: 10 Steps to be More Successful  

1. Spend 30 minutes reading and annotating  textbook.
  2. Review syllabus and add all due dates to my calendar.
  3. Create a continuous study guide where you can add key terms from book and from class.
  4. Before the Print out study guide and refill info.  
  5. Download audio book for textbook.
  6. Take better notes in class.
  7. Try not to zone out in class.
  8. Take color coded notes.
  9. Go to office hours.
  10. Start work as soon as it is assigned.