- A Brief Guide to Writing the Psychology Paper – This brief guide will explain the different sections that are usually included in psychology research papers.
- Writing for Psychology: A Guide for Psychology Concentrators – This is a more in-depth guide covering all aspects of writing psychology research papers.
- St. Edward’s University Writing Center – The Writing Center, located on the second floor of the library, helps all students with any writing project. Visit the Writing Center website to make an appointment for a video consultation.
Most psychology courses will require you to cite your research papers using APA (American Psychological Association) citation guidelines. The following resources can help you to follow APA formatting when writing your paper:
- Purdue OWL APA – This is our go-to reference guide for APA citation. This guide has examples of how to cite almost every resource you will need for your paper.
- NoodleTools – This is a citation manager that allows you to create and save citations in APA, MLA, or Chicago. New users–please create an account under “Register” using your St. Edward’s e-mail address.
- The Basics of APA Style – This tutorial is designed for those who have no previous knowledge of APA Style®. It shows users how to structure and format their work, recommends ways to reduce bias in language, identifies how to avoid charges of plagiarism, shows how to cite references in text, and provides selected reference examples.