In addition to the resources that you can find by searching on our library homepage, the following resources may help you with Asian Studies research.
Asian News Sources:
- BBC News Asia – A reputable news source reporting on current issues in the region.
- South China Morning Post – Breaking news from the Asian countries.
- Asian Boss – A YouTube channel featuring insightful reports on the latest social issues across Asia.
South / Southeast Asia
- Statistics on South/Southeast Asia from STATISTA – Statista is an online statistics, market research and business intelligence portal. It provides access to data from market and opinion. *TIP*: Try searching individual country names as well.
- South/Southeast Asian Films & Documentaries from Kanopy – Kanopy is an on-demand streaming video platform subscribed to by the Munday Library. *TIP*: Try searching individual country names as well.
- ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) – A digital collection of over 5,400 seminal books in the humanities and related social sciences.
- WHO South-East Asia – Current news, data, and statistics on South-East Asian issues.
- WHO Western Pacific – Current news, data, and statistics on countries in the Western Pacific (Philippines, Central Asia, China, etc.).
- ASEAN News & ASEAN Statistics – The Association of Southeast Asian Nations goal is to accelerate economic growth, social progress and cultural development in the region through joint endeavors in the spirit of equality and partnership in order to strengthen the foundation for a prosperous and peaceful community of Southeast Asian Nations. Their site offers current news and statistics on SE Asia.
- South Asia Open Archives (SAOA) – Addresses needs in all academic disciplines, from the humanities through the sciences. With an initial emphasis on colonial-era materials from South Asia, a carefully curated collection of resources will fill gaps in available online collections.
- The Tibetan & Himalayan Library – Data includes text, audio-video, images, maps, immersive objects, reference works, and interpretative essays. THL’s knowledge and technology are provided free of charge, and are built collaboratively by hundreds of people across the world who share this vision.