Quick Links: International Trade & Economic Data Associations
International Trade & Economic Data
- BusinessUSA: Country Trade Leads Portal
Type in a country name to find trade leads, research, and other resources related to exporting to the selected country.
- globalEDGE (Michigan State University)
International business & trade info on over 200 countries, 50 U.S. states, as well as nearly 2 dozen industry sectors & many of the world’s trade blocs.
- Congressional Research Service
Provides reports for Congress, type your topic into the search bar.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Foreign Trade
FOREIGN TRADE is the official source for U.S. export and import statistics and responsible for issuing regulations governing the reporting of all export shipments from the United States. If you’re searching for import or export statistics, information on export regulations, commodity classifications, or a host of other trade related topics, this is the place to get the information you need.
- U.S. Department of Commerce: International Trade Administration
Information about U.S. Federal Government export assistance programs, general export counseling, and country and regional market information.
- Export.gov (U.S. Commercial Service)
Includes: Country Commercial Guides, Market Intelligence, & more.
- Direction of Trade Statistics (International Monetary Fund)
“Presents the value of merchandise exports and imports disaggregated according to a country’s primary trading partners.”
- United Nations Comtrade Database
Free access to detailed global trade data. UN Comtrade is a repository of official trade statistics and relevant analytical tables. It contains annual trade statistics starting from 1962 and monthly trade statistics since 2010.
- World Bank: Global Preferential Trade Agreements Database
Provides information on preferential trade agreements (PTAs) around the world, including agreements that have not been notified to the World Trade Organization (WTO). It is designed to help trade policy makers, scholars, and business operators better understand and navigate the world of PTAs. The database was developed jointly by the World Bank and the Center for International Business.
- World Trade Organization Statistics Database
The WTO’s databases and publications provide extensive access to trade and tariff data.
- International Trade Centre
Market analysis tools, market info, sector info, trade info, and country/territory profiles.
- International Trade Compliance Institute
Covers all aspects of the international trade process & the entire gamut of U.S., foreign, & multilateral trade laws/regulations. See the Export Start-Up Kit for export readiness assessment and tools of the trade; the Trade Information Database with nearly 1,000 deep links to trade-related information in 12 broad categories and 74 subcategories; the FAQ Database with over 1,000 authoritative FAQs across all these areas; and the Regulatory Database with hundreds of regulatory terms/acronyms, laws/regulations, treaties/agreements, documents, and regulatory bodies.
- International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development
International trade and sustainable development resources and news.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development Fact Sheets
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: National Agricultural Library (AGRICOLA) Marketing and Trade
Info on Animals/Livestock, Food & Human Nutrition, Laws & Regulations, Marketing & Trade, Natural Resources/Environment, Rural Development, Visual Arts &Agricultural History.