- State of Working America
A wide variety of data on family incomes, wages, jobs, unemployment, wealth, and poverty that allow for a clear, unbiased understanding of the economy’s effect on the living standards of working Americans.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Contains snapshots of national (and sometimes state and regional) data for more than 100 industries, organized by NAICS.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Overview of BLS Statistics on Business Costs
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has a variety of numbers that can be used to gauge movements in business costs. Some of them measure labor costs, while others measure the prices of goods and services.
- U.S. Government Publishing Office: Economic Indicators
Available from April 1995 forward, this monthly publication provides economic information on gross domestic product, income, employment, production, business activity, prices, money, credit, security markets, Federal finance, and international statistics.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics
produces new, cost effective, public-use information combining federal, state and Census Bureau data on employers and employees under the Local Employment Dynamics (LED) Partnership.
- The Conference Board
Business cycles, consumer measures, CEO confidence data, corporate intelligence, economic data/analysis, global economic outlook, insights from economists, labor market info & more.
- ProQuest Statistical Abstracts of the U.S. : Labor Force, Employment, and Earnings
Information on: Civilian employment status by age, sex, marital status, race & ethnicity; labor force participation rates and projections, foreign born & native born employment status, veteran employment status, disabled persons employment status, self-employed workers by industry and occupation, types of work flexibility provided to employees, average number of jobs held, green goods and services, annual hourly wages, employment projections by industry, workplace violence rates, and labor union participation.
Provides access to statistical business data on market researchers, trade organizations, scientific journals, and government databases. Much of the data is related to marketing, demographic, government and industry information.
- Data – Planet Datasets
Provides access to statistics produced by U.S. federal agencies, states, private organizations, and major intergovernmental organizations with capabilities to compare & contrast multiple data series, perform statistical calculations on the data, and customize output views.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)
Non-partisan organization dedicated to conducting economic research and to disseminating research findings among academics, public policy makers, and business professionals.
- ILOSTAT: The World’s Leading Source on Labour Statistics
View and download data and metadata for over 200 countries or territories.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics International Labor Comparisons
Data used to assess U.S. economic and labor market performance relative to that of other countries & to evaluate the competitive position of the United States in increasingly global markets.
- U.S. Census Bureau – Longitudinal Employer Household Dynamics
New, cost effective, public-use information combining federal, state and Census Bureau data on employers and employees .