Quick Links: Company Overviews Company History
- Bloomberg – Real-time financial market data, news, and price quotes including derivatives and many other types of data. Access Bloomberg from the designated terminal in the Munday Library near the Library Information Desk. Be sure to reserve your session. *First-time users, choose “Create a New Login” from the start page. Follow the steps, making sure you complete each field – a text message with your pass code will be sent to you. Remember your username and password for future use.
Read Bloomberg Getting Started Guide for Students
Watch Introduction to Bloomberg (1:07)
Get Certified Bloomberg Market Concepts is accessible at BMC<GO>. BMC is an 8 hour self-paced e-learning course that provides a visual introduction to the financial markets. BMC consists of 4 modules – Economics, Currencies, Fixed Income an dEquities – woven together from Bloomberg data, news, analytics and television.
- Business Source Complete
Containing full-text, peer-reviewed articles, BSC accesses all areas of business: accounting & tax; economics; human resources; management; marketing; operations management & more. It also includes industry & market research reports from Datamonitor and country reports from CountryWatch and Business Monitor. Company Profiles can be found under the dropdown menu “More” in the top center of the BSC database.
A source of business and investment information, S & P’s NetAdvantage offers on-line access to Standard & Poors independent research, including data and commentary on stocks, bonds, funds, and industries.
- LexisNexis Academic Universe
Read How to Get a Company Snapshot or Profile
Covers more than 80 million companies, including private, public, and international. Information on private companies is very limited.
- CB Insights
On Campus Only! First-time users need to create an account using their SEU e-mail address. For entrepreneurs: CB Insights is a venture capital and angel investment database that provides daily real-time information about venture capital and angel investor-backed startup companies, venture capital companies, angel investors and transactions in the United States. CB Insights produces data-driven reports and analyses related to venture capital, private equity and angel investment on a regular basis, including an in-depth quarterly venture capital report.
First-time users need to create an account WHILE ON CAMPUS, using their SEU e-mail address. Once you have an account, this resource may be used off campus. Use the “create an account” link at the login screen.
For entrepreneurs: search thousands of private equity and venture capital deals by hundreds of criteria. Use PitchBook to establish benchmarks, find real time data on deals, identify and analyze comparables, and search investor details.
- The leading provider of online annual reports to individual and institutional investors.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission: EDGAR
Free access to more than 20 million company filings. Public companies are required to disclose subsidiaries in their annual report to the SEC. The annual report, also known as the 10-K, is available in the SEC’s EDGAR database.
Discover innovative companies and the people behind them.
- International Directory of Company Histories
(enter your company’s name in the Tools – search this Series box)
Multi-volume major reference work bringing together histories of companies that are a leading influence in a particular industry or geographic location.