- Bloomberg – (Terminal near Library Information Desk in the Munday Library)
A source of business and investment information, NetAdvantage offers on-line access to Standard & Poors independent research, including data and commentary on stocks, bonds, funds, and industries.
- Value Line Investment Survey
Read Chapter 3 Analyst’s commentary
- Business Source Complete
Choose “advanced search” publication type: SWOT analysis
Choose “advanced search” then Select a Specific Content Type/Analysts Reports from the pull down menu.
- CB Insights
On Campus Only! First-time users need to create an account using their SEU e-mail address. For entrepreneurs: CB Insights is a venture capital and angel investment database that provides daily real-time information about venture capital and angel investor-backed startup companies, venture capital companies, angel investors and transactions in the United States. CB Insights produces data-driven reports and analyses related to venture capital, private equity and angel investment on a regular basis, including an in-depth quarterly venture capital report.
First-time users need to create an account WHILE ON CAMPUS, using their SEU e-mail address. Once you have an account, this resource may be used off campus. Use the “create an account” link at the login screen. For entrepreneurs: search thousands of private equity and venture capital deals by hundreds of criteria. Use PitchBook to establish benchmarks, find real time data on deals, identify and analyze comparables, and search investor details
Conference call transcripts contain a record of analyst q&a with executives of publicly traded companies. Calls usually take place after the company’s quarterly earnings are released. There are several ways to find these.
- Search Fair Disclosure Wire through the Search box on the Library homepage, adding the phrase “conference call” to your company name. (Example: Whole Foods Market and conference call)
- Search Fair Disclosure in Nexis Uni. Watch How to Find Earnings Conference Call Transcripts in Nexis Uni. Sometimes the transcripts are available a few days sooner in Lexis. .
- The company’s investor relations website. Companies sometimes post transcripts, but more often the audio files and accompanying Powerpoint files from recent calls and investor conferences.
Fair Disclosure file format examples:
Short version. Event Brief of Q3 2012 Whole Foods Market Earnings Conference Call – Final
Full version. Q3 2012 Whole Foods Market Earnings Conference Call – Final