Blog Post #11

Part 1:

Tuan

Tuan’s presentation pretty cool even though it was short. He showed us things he has done in the past like the 500 doodles on index cards. I think it’s cool that he designs the labels for whatever his father decides to start selling.

Hollis

Hollis’ work revolves around memory. Her art is mostly about natural disasters which is interesting but I can see where it comes from since she said her childhood home burned down. I really liked her comics and how most of her work is just in black and white.

Bill

I love how Bill talks! He’s so into his work and always finds meaning in a photo. He talked about his jobs in the past which sounded awesome for how much he was paid. He also talked a lot about the work he does for himself which he didn’t actually finish talking about but it was interesting. I  also like how he uses photoshop to change his photos.

Part 2:

My long term goals beyond college are to work for a magazine like LIFE/TIME because I would like to try photojournalism or maybe transition into that. Also, because with everything that happens in the world I think it is important to document and a great opportunity to travel and capture powerful photos. What I need to do to accomplish this is definitely  intern intern intern. First I have to see if I like doing photojournalism because I also like taking photos for the arts. I’ll probably have to intern with a small magazine first and be persistent. I always want to do everything so I don’t know if this goal will be the same a year from now.