Registration for currently enrolled or active undergraduate students begins Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016. Your specific registration start date and time is determined by your classification for registration.
Classification for registration is calculated by adding your number of completed (earned) hours to your number of currently registered hours. In the case of transfer credits, grade changes or CLEP exams, only work received by Oct. 1 in the Office of the Registrar will be considered. Waived courses are not included as earned hours.
Once your registration block is open, it will remain open until the last day to add courses for the term you are registering. Registration blocks for Spring 2017 are as follows:
Wednesday, Nov. 9
- 8 a.m.: Graduate students
Thursday, Nov. 10
- 7 a.m.: Senior athletes and Honors students
- 8 a.m.: Senior undergraduates
Friday, Nov. 11
- 7 a.m.: Junior athletes and Honors students
- 8 a.m.: Junior undergraduates
Monday, Nov. 14
- 7 a.m.: Sophomore athletes and Honors students
- 8 a.m. Sophomore undergraduates
Tuesday, Nov. 15
- 7 a.m. Freshman athletes and Honors students
- 8 a.m.: Freshman undergraduates
You can check your registration status in myHilltop to verify your classification for registration beginning Oct. 5. For a smooth registration process, make sure there are no holds on your account, or other issues that would prohibit registration once your block is open. On the Academic Information tab in myHilltop under the Registration Tools section, you will find the links to these areas.
Should you have holds on your account, please contact the appropriate offices to clear them before you registration block opens. You will not be able to register for courses while there is a hold on your account.
Additional Registration Information
- Contact your advisor for registration clearance and to obtain your Alternate PIN so you can access registration.
- We are excited to announce that Banner XE Student Registration is now available and provides a simplified registration experience. Visit the Office of the Registrar website for additional information and tutorials.
- If you have issues with your login or password, call OIT support at 512-448-8443. For other registration-related questions, please call the Office of the Registrar at 512-448-8747.