Visual Studies Seminar Blog Post #8

1. Professor Luu’s presentation was really fascinating because I didn’t know much about the lithograph machine, but have always been interested in graphic design so it was nice to learn more about it. A lot of his work was so good, especially his graphic self portrait he started the presentation with. Professor Kennedy’s silent presentation was really awesome. His photographs didn’t even look like photographs. The fact that he can take a picture of an everyday object and turn it into an unrecognizable piece of art is amazing. Hearing about the work that Professor Garza did with her husband was cool, however it scared me when she talked about how many years it took her to complete because she didn’t have time. Professor Phan’s presentation was also fascinating, like Professor Luu’s, because I love all of the elements of graphic design but I don’t know much about it.
  2. I want to complete college in 4 years. After college I’m not sure what kind of job I want to get. Im planning on doing some internships during the course of my college career so that I can get a better idea of what I want to do with my photocommunications major.