Alumni Presentation

Out of all the alumni presentations, Camille Dollins was my favorite one. Her whole experience with Lucine box helped me put into perspective what a future project could and would look like. It makes things seem (this may sound cheesy) real and possible. You see all the products out there and don’t really think about the work the artist or designer put into it and it just seems like a goal that you can’t really reach. But she proved otherwise, she was a student that used her school project and turned it into something greater.

Something that she said that really stuck with me was you can’t create a product that is supposed to help people take care of themselves if you can’t really take care of yourself. You have to be 100% healthy in order to be able to fairly create an authentic product. It wouldn’t be fair to the customers if she was still creating Lucine while she was struggling to get her health back. Advice-wise I guess you could say to put yourself first sometimes, focus on your physical and mental health too and don’t get carried away with what you’re creating.