Dargahi – Final April Post 2015

Location: San Francisco, California
Date & Time: April 4, 2015
Temperature: 65º Mostly Clear

Twin Peaks view in San Francisco

Off road view of San Francisco

WOW. I cannot believe the months have led me here.
I started my nature journey in Austin, Tx (Jan-March) at Mayfield park and now I had ventured off to San Francisco during Easter break and the scenery was… too good.

Okay so back to nature.
During my trip I decided to take a lot of nature footage and the grass was just as green on the other side!
I took an hour ride out of the city to a location called Twin Peaks. Breath taking – it was a view from the Golden Gate Bridge!
Now I love Austin, but how awesome. Usually big views us Austinites usually see are from the 360 bridge but you could just see the buildings and ocean looking like a postcard.

Twin Peaks - I was almost about to pass out by how beautiful this view was. Rest assured I was still functioning lol

Twin Peaks – I was almost about to pass out by how beautiful this view was. Rest assured I was still functioning lol

Look at that. I was looking at my previous blog posts from January until March and I’m just a little upset with myself.
I wish I would’ve explored more parts of Austin and found the beauty in different locations. While I was away, the amount of site seeing would put my own cities site seeing to shame.
When you go to a different location, it’s like you appreciate their beauty more than where you are from.
The difference in atmosphere was absolutely incredible!
The city life was crazy, the nature preserves and scenery was like cardboard boxes in the distance (buildings lol) and the ocean was so fake looking (too good to be true).

Dolores Park, San Francisco

Dolores Park, San Francisco

LOL where do I even begin. TELL ME THAT IS NOT THE COOLEST PIC EVER!?
So many people were out here at Dolores park having a picnic and eating and letting their dogs roam around – I honestly was having a heart attack like what is this place? So pretty! (sorry just remembering how awesome this place was) Anyways – the best part about this place is that its on a hill with a jaw dropping view of the cardboard buildings I mentioned earlier…. truly a wonderful day. The weather was perfect with a little breeze and everyone was just relaxing and enjoying nature. This was the place to be on a great Saturday afternoon with a lot of yummy food.

—- I think that speaks enough of my amazing trip to another city, now time for a full semester blog review!

Final Analysis:

Reading what I wrote so far – I could see how exciting it was to dish about a new experience and reflecting on my previous blog posts, I wish I would’ve expressed more appreciation for the nature that I was surrounded in. Austin is just as gorgeous, you just have to wear a different pare of glasses to see the hidden beauty in things we have gotten used to, as locals.

This whole experience was I’m sure really different for all of us students – recording how we feel in nature and recording images and sounds and such, but wow. What a life changing outlook. I mean, how could recording nature and observing the beauty be a negative assignment.
The whole class I feel really grasped the good and bad elements they viewed from nature.

I read a lot of my classmates posts and could see that we all wished the environment was in better shape but I love how we all spoke about the beauty in the things we saw.

But yes the world can be a little better with more recognition about the environmental concerns plaguing us every day.

Professo/Doctor Wasserman! Thank you for a great semester – I for sure learned so much and I’m glad this was an assignment because its a great way to see the progression of something you’ve been recording for months.

– Future Leopolds of 2015 (farewell!!)

FIRST BLOG PIC AHHHHH

FIRST BLOG PIC AHHHHH