April blog and final analysis

So for my final blog, I decided to go to one new place and try Lake Travis. Now this was a special visit because I got to stay at my friends lake house which connected directly to Lake Travis. So day 1, It was a beautiful day. This happened April 26th. Clear skies with a cool breeze going on, about 78 degrees outside so it felt really nice to be in the water. We got a boat and 3 jet ski’so we got to explore a lot of the lake and be on it for a couple hours. Very sunny towards the end of the day. I got a sun burn so that was fun. Of course we part took in some fun, had some good drinks and laughs and just enjoyed a really perfect day. There were not much animals around except for the occasional fish in the lake or the hawks that sometimes flew over Lake Travis.

The quote by Aldo Leopold “We abuse land because we see it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” really speaks to me when I see Lake Travis. You can clearly see at the lake that there is a drought going on. The water level is incredibly low and I just really want for this lake to be back to how it use to be. I know I have not been to Lake Travis previously but I care for the lake and I really want it to go back to the way it use to be. Lake Travis is a beautiful place and very much apart of Texas and with the drought going on we need to find an alternative then use water from this lake and save this area. Lake Travis has so many benefits and losing it would be detrimental to a lot of people who live in Austin.

My mood at Lake Travis was out of this world. Riding around on the boats and jet ski’s while the wind hit me in the face made me the happiest I have been in a while. I really enjoyed the whole day. Later we went to the Lake house and enjoyed the view that I will later post a picture of. It was 3 stories, and it was on the Lakeway part of Lake Travis. We got to use his Hot Tub and pool and even grill steaks! There was a media room to watch movies and even old fashion arcade machines.

This was my favorite visit of all the places I went to for blogs by far just for the sheer beauty Lake Travis has and the fun I got to experience while on the lake. I loved being able to visit all of these different places and just really explore Austin. I will not forget the experience i have had and will cherish every moment I got to spend at these places. Overall, Its been a great year and Im happy with everything that has happened.   IMG_5675

FINAL BLOG ANALYSIS

When I looked at the Word Cloud picture and tried to reflect back on this Semester. The words that I see that were used the most were Time, water, beautiful, and trees. Im not surprised by these because I could say easily these words were brought up a lot in my blogs. Especially the word beautiful, beautiful can be used to describe this year by far. All of the places I got to travel to left me in awe. I never though Texas could turn out to be this beautiful. The Green Belt, Blunn Creek, Mckinney Falls Park, and Lake Travis are just some of the most beautiful places in Austin and it was such an incredible experience to be able to go to them.

The quote “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness” really speaks to me this semester. Because of this class and some of the projects we have been working on, It has really opened my eyes on how messed up some of the parts of this world are. Global warming an increasing problem everyday. I see places in Austin being effected all of the time and this class makes me want to step up and make a change in the world. I want to follow through on my project and become a part of SXSW Eco in some way.

All of the work SXSW Eco does for the environment is incredible and I just want to be apart of it someway. When I first signed up for this class I did not expect for this to be my favorite class, but not too long after I was in this class I ended up falling in love with it and nature. On top of that you are easily my favorite professor here Mr. Wasserman so I have had a great time in this class and I appreciate you making it such an enjoyable experience.

Lastly, I just want to reflect on how this class will impact me for the future. This class has been eye opening and just plain exhilarating so I am glad i got to participate in it. For the future I will want to be environmentally more aware and just start doing things that will be more “green” and take care of the environment. I want to work for a business that participates with the environment and one of their main goals is to help protect it and make it a better place for the future.

Thank you again Mr. Wasserman for the great year. I enjoyed spending time with all of my classmates and working on the debates and projects with them. This turned out to be my favorite class of the semester and by far the most enjoyable educational experience I have had at St. Edwards. I hope you and everyone has a good summer and that we all come back safe and in one piece!