Advice on Revising Blogs and Preparing for Unit I Test

The blog topics all look great and basically the blogs are composed in the right way, but here are some pointers for revising them. You can revise them until 3pm on Monday, June 5 and I’ll regrade them then. If you didn’t submit yet, that’s fine. I’ll grade what you submit on Monday.

• Each blog entry should be numbered and have a thematic subtitle, like “Blog #1: The Basic Things I’m Learning to Get Myself Started on my Topic.” (The subtitle I’m giving here is more instructive of what kind of subtitle you should give it.)
  • Each blog entry should have two links related to the same theme. They should be different enough from each other that comparing them will result in some interesting reflections. The summaries of them should be in paragraph form, and should maybe describe what the link is (who published it, where and when, for example) as well as some of the key pieces of information worth noting in them. The summaries should be in paragraph form rather than bullet points.
  • The reflection should be more personal than impersonal. That is, rather than just talking about the two items linked, you should talk about what you already knew and what you learned from the artifacts; you should compare and contrast their content and points of view, maybe also interpreting them from different perspectives on globalization. For the first two blog entries, you might also use the reflection paragraphs to chart what you hope to learn about your topic, questions that the pieces you found raise, and what other kinds of artifacts and perspectives you might look for in your remaining blog entries for the semester.
  • The embedded Google Map will probably have to be created using a personal Google account rather than the gmail.stedwards.edu account, and be sure that you choose the Public sharing option where anyone with the link can view the map. The map should have two tags, one for each link, and you should add the same links to the two tags that you included in your blog post.

For Unit Test I, it will cover the Tunisian revolution (Ch. 1 of Arab Spring) and the Egyptian revolution (Ch. 2 of Arab Spring), the Five Perspectives on Globalization in the intro to Controversies In Globalization, and the chapters we will have studied through Monday on trade liberalization, free trade and inequality, poverty, and democratization (Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 17).

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.