Blog Post #8

PART 1:

This last seminar was quite interesting. Seeing all the different work by the professors was amazing.

Seeing what could done with the risograph was very cool, and I want to look into that a bit. If I remembering correctly the process is called screenprinting? Anyway, I enjoyed what I saw from that and would like to try it. It would be nice to be able to make a design of something and maybe get it put on a shirt or print of some kind.

Bill’s stuff was very nice. I liked how he didn’t try to explain any of the pieces and just let the slide show go to let us observe on our own. I kept trying to identify what objects he may have used in each composition, but any guess is as good as mine. For that one he told us about, I never would of guessed a pack of post-it note strips. There was one photo I enjoyed quite a bit as it resembled the “evil eye” symbol or “nazar”.

Tuan’s work that be showed us was quite nice to see. He had mentioned it a bit before in class, but I had no idea the scale of the work he does fro the school when it come for flyer designs and all of that. His stuff was quite appealing, and I’d like to be able to do such things.

Lastly, Kim’s pieces in her slides were great and some of the things she does with her work is quite humanitarian. I enjoyed knowing she utilizes her art in such a way.

Part 2:

While I’m not exactly sure how to make a four year degree plan, I’ll be using info based off my DegreeWorks and what I may need to work/improve in these next few years.

As of right now, I’m doing quite well in terms of grades and taking care of myself. I’ve been going to all my classes and am able to fit in time for studying, work, meals and some relaxation.

For classes, I’ve gotten around 18-19 credits so far according to DegreeWorks. I still have plenty of classes I’ll need to take for my major (Interactive Game Studies) and some general education classes. As long as i keep working the way I have been and be sure to stay studious, I think I’ll have no problem with the next few years.

The classes I’m taking and will be taking are helping me to become more experienced with video games and the industry. Having a career ion the video game industry, specifically a video game designer is what’ve always wanted to do. With a degree in Interactive Game Studies, getting a job in the video game industry will be slightly easier. Not entirely easy, but the degree will help me get a starting point somewhere.

In the event things don’t go my way I have a backup plan. I’m currently a student worker in the Human resources department of St. Edward’s. With that on my resume, I could end up doing that for awhile. While it’s not similar to my dream career, I know how to do it and am efficient at it. IT’s not bad at all in my eyes.