How to Search for a Streaming Video in the Library Collection
Quick Links: Specific Film | Films on a Topic | Browsing Films
Searching for a Specific Film
1. If you have a specific movie you are looking for, type the title of the movie into the Library Search bar on our homepage. The search will be more accurate if you put the title in quotation marks, such as “Fahrenheit 9/11”.
4. If we own a streaming copy of a film, you will want to click on the VIEW RESOURCE option to the right of the film title.
5. After you click on VIEW RESOURCE, the film’s catalog record will open. To view the streaming film, you will want to look for the “View Online” section of the catalog record. There should be at least one database link available that will allow you to access the streaming film. NOTE: If you have not already done so, you will need to sign into MyHilltop in order to access SEU database content.
2. Click on the FILTER arrow to show more search filter options. Change the Item type to Videos.
3. Click on the magnifying glass icon to conduct your search.
Searching for Films by Topic
If you are looking for a film about a certain topic or keyword, enter the topic/keyword into the Library Search bar on our homepage. Use the FILTER arrow to limit the Item type to Videos. Then click on the magnifying glass to conduct your search.
Browsing for Streaming Films
If you are not sure what film you would like to watch and simply want to browse films that are available to you at the Munday Library, go to our homepage and click on the Databases link.
Once on the databases page, type in video to see a list of our streaming video databases. You may click on each database link to browse their collections.