The plotter assignment was my second time using the vinyl cutter, but with a different purpose. I was introduced to a pen plotting method for this assignment and used techniques in Illustrator to create interesting line drawings that the plotter could reproduce. Additionally, this project emphasized the use of creating rules before the finished product to make them more spontaneous. My rules consisted of listening to Christmas music on the radio, and creating lines that could represent the rhythm of each song. I blended the lines to create the final shape that was to be plotted through the vinyl cutter. However, I took my assignment a step farther by plotting on fabric with metallic fabric paint pens rather than using paper and ballpoint or gel pens. I felt that using a different material would enhance the idea behind my plotters as holiday gifts, because I get very excited about the Christmas/winter holiday season and wanted my plotter designs to serve an additional purpose beyond decorative posters. The plot featured below represents Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite.