VISU 1100-01 Blog Post #7

Who came and visited us?

1. Abbas Deidehban
  2. Camille Dollins

Response to Alumni Presentations 

1. I related the most to Camille because of her Senior Project, the creation of her subscription box, Lucine. I had a connection to this box 1) because I experience anxiety too, meaning that this box is something I would personally enjoy and 2) she wanted to do something that could help someone. The second point is something that I hope to be able to accomplish through the work I do, in photography.
  2. No one surprised me in particular, though, both alumni surprised me with their straight out of college jobs. Of course, both still might be looking for something more to do, though it seems that there are a lot of opportunities for St. Edward’s students which is reassuring. Working with or for the companies that they do, they obviously are successful.
  3. Like in previous presentations, I am reminded not to do things for free. The mistakes of doing things for free or not having a written contract aren’t something I’m going to do because of the things I hear from these students. Camille spoke about working for a sketchy company and it being something she doesn’t recommend.