- The main point of article 1 is that artists make good leaders because of the qualities that usually come with being an artist, such as creativity and being humanists. The point of article 2 is that artists and entrepreneurs are extremely similar, but artists need to learn the necessity of support systems and having backing, specifically they need to learn it from the entrepreneurs.
- The artists need to learn more about how to get connections and how to really get the ball rolling, whether that means not instantly fulfilling your dreams and pandering to the crowd, or just starting smaller and getting the backing before you go all in. They need support systems.
- I agree that artists are entrepreneurs. To be an artist you must forge your own path through work that is unique enough while there are countless other people trying to do the exact same thing as you. Their resources are not guaranteed and they are on their own for their creative work a lot of the time.
- I would agree that artists are craftspeople. They make their own unique creations out of their own unique ideas. They speak with their creations, and I think that is an applicable skill in the world of business.
- One more thing I would point out about artists is how much pride they take in their work, and how they can describe their work so precisely. Pride in your work is always good to have, and so is the ability to present well.
I have grit. Honestly I think that I developed my grit through struggling in certain subjects like math even though I excelled in other subjects like History. I knew that I wasn’t dumb and I was capable of succeeding, and I have never been afraid to really buckle down and work for long periods of time. Sometimes though, I will think about starting a project and not really follow through with it. I may start it, but not complete it. However, I have followed through with most things I have set out to do. Stopping procrastinating is a very common solution and one that would definitely help me. I say that as I am writing this at 1 am the day it is due. However, I am still doing the work and putting in my best effort instead of just going to bed, so I believe that shows some grit.