End of Semester Remarks

Bob in game design described his career in how he has been part of many facets of the gaming industry. He has the wisdom and career path that many people may want in a professor. He spoke of all his accomplishments and about what the gaming industry. His time for questions was rudely interrupted by a student asking Joe Vitone a question. That is not detracting from Bob it goes to the quality of professor that we have at St. Edwards, Joe Vitone is a very accomplished photographer. I would only hope to achieve a third of what he has in a lifetime.

Alex Robinson’s presentation is always impressive. She is always asking you questions that make you think about what you are thinking. She deconstructs images or art so quickly that she tells you what you think before you come up with what to say. So it is interesting to see how she sets up the photos and videos that her children did. It is also amazing that we can make art out of anything. I am hindered by the thought that I feel that I have to have a point in what I create or else why create it. Sometimes you have to create to be able to create what you want to say.

Joe Vitone is by far one of my favorite professors. He may say something that you may not particularly agree with, but his expertise cannot be questioned. The man knows what he is doing behind the camera. His collection of ordinary people is fascinating because celebrities and beautiful people you don’t have to do much they are constructed to be interesting, but making the ordinary interesting is genuinely a work of art. To see that is why I came to study at St. Edwards.

My first semester here has been an interesting one. I come from a place where I am constantly in charge and have been telling people what to do, how to do it for most of my adult life. Taking a step back and absorbing that is different. This class has been an interesting, and I would like more feedback on the post. Maybe making the students in the class review and comment on each others post would be good. Not that it’s acknowledgment, but with every other class we are taking it is easy to put this one on hold because we are not receiving feedback on a regular basis. I have enjoyed all the artist and lecturer. It gives you an idea that if you do your work, the whole starving artist persona is not necessarily real.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.