VISU-1100-01: Blog post # 11

Professor Bob’s Presentation: Bob got his interest in video games as early as the Pong era and states that he still enjoys the old arcade machine. He began starting off as a producer or writer for movies but shifted towards the game industry later on in his life and it stuck with him. I kinda expected that Pong would be his gateway to his passion for video games since it’s a common story that is told countless times with my dad.

Professor Joe’s Presentation: Joe’s presentation talked about his frequent hobby of photos of his relatives and goes into detail about the context in each photo. I was a little derailed about the main theme of his photos but the context in each photo do make up for his presentation.

Professor Alex’s Presentation: Alex’s talks about her supposed hobbies after her she said that her career ended in a way to commit to her family but still manages to create her works of art during that change her life. I wasn’t able to grasp what kind of art she does in her spare time as a mom but her projects were interesting to me for someone who isn’t doing it for a career.

Semester Reflection: To be honest, while I do get some portions such as witnessing other works of art by faculty members and alumni’s and getting inspiration from them, it felt like I didn’t get a whole lot out of this course. The blog post assignments felt kind of tedious and people only do it just for the grade and not for actual reflection. I think that there should be more interactive activities in the class other than just standard presentations like what Tuan did in my Visual Studies class where a group gathers around and do a critique session about our projects or art works and get feedback from different individuals. We even did a similar activity like that when we created our little comic booklets and that got me more engaged in this class just like my Visual Studies class and Professor Hollis’ Truth, Justice, The Graphic Way class.