VISU-1100-01: Blog Post #4

1.For this assignment, I’m doing Harmony through analog collages both physically and digitally. The concept of this assignment is to make an abstract image with many other images than somehow fit together whether be by shape, color, or pattern.

2. The project has to revolve around South Congress so I used scanned images of items that I have found in South Congress and used some pictures from my Gestalt project, cut out pieces from both of the images, and plaster them in one paper to see if I can make a new image.

Self-Critique:

1. My strongest aspect in my work was the overall theme than I intended to use in my assignment which was the heavy presence of construction going on throughout Austin.
  2. The weakest aspect was the use of negative space in both of my collages. They seem a bit unbalance.
  3. Careful planning in the future would help improve its quality.
  4. Instead of using my obsolete equipment back home, I’d use the campus’ equipment later in the future instead.
  5. Normally I’d put this project aside and do other assignments, but I’d like this to be my first priority to do because it’s actually more fun to do than the other assignments that I am assigned.