The Office of Academic Affairs, the Center for Teaching Excellence, the Munday Library, and the Office of Instructional Technology of St. Edward’s University invite proposals from faculty for the 2017-18 Innovation Fellowship to be submitted by March 10, 2017.
These fellowships will support faculty who need time, resources, and expertise to include pedagogical experimentation in their courses by providing a $1200 stipend, the opportunity to participate in the Summer 2017 Innovation Institute, May 15-26, 2017, and the opportunity to be part of a community of faculty fellows focused on pedagogical innovation.
We encourage applications that focus on a wide variety of pedagogical innovations and experimentation with an emphasis on:
- General Education Revision (http://sites.stedwards.edu/seugened/): Design or redesign of courses as part of the new general education curriculum, including
- Incorporating high-impact practices to achieve university essential learning outcomes;
- Incorporating ePortfolios for reflection and integrative learning;
- Incorporating other strategies for improving student learning and success that utilize new or evidence-based teaching practices and require significant course redesign;
- Vocation (http://sites.stedwards.edu/qep/): Design or redesign of courses to support our Quality Enhancement Plan, “Vocation: Discovering One’s Purpose in a Changing World” through the integration of assignments that encourage vocational exploration and reflection.
Proposals are due Friday, March 10, 2017.
For more information about the fellowship, the institute, and detailed instructions for applying, please visit:
If you have any questions about the Innovation Fellowship or would like to discuss possible projects, please contact: